CAREER OPPORTUNITY - ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Artisan Instrumentation x1
Maintain, test, repair, assemble and troubleshoot electronic and radio communication equipment and systems.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Assembling, installing, repairing, troubleshooting, and maintaining electronic and radio communication equipment and systems.
- Sourcing or fabricating replacement parts for electronic and radio communication systems.
- Interpreting drawings, training manuals, and instructions in order to perform duties.
- Inspect, test, maintain, repair, clean and calibrate instrumentation equipment to performance standard.
- Repair or replace control devices such as switches, photocells, proximity sensors, pushbuttons, contactors, transmitters as may be required.
- Install control and measurement instruments on existing or new plant equipment as needed
- Participate in plant safety, health and environmental programs and observe safety standards
- Ensure adherence to the Company’s planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures
- Perform to all other assignments that are given that are lawful and fair
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
- Craft/Technicians’ Certificate in Instrumentation or Industrial Electronics
- 2 years working experience in a similar field
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Fill in the online application form not later than Monday, 29 May 2023, attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.