CAREER OPPORTUNITY - SMELTER DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its Focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Artisan Plant Fitter x1
The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining and repairing plant equipment (machinery), effectively, efficiently and safely.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring optimum plant/equipment availability.
- Keeping equipment appropriately to prolong service life.
- Driving the Health, Safety and Environment Standards/Policy Awareness and Practice in the Department to ensure compliance.
- Adhering to Statutory and Domestic Regulations relating to the safe Work Procedures in order to minimize injury to personnel, polluting the environment and damage to company assets.
- Adhering to all other assignments that are given that are lawful and fair.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Registered with EIZ
- First Aid Certificate
- At least 2 years of work experience.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Fill in the online application form not later than Thursday, 25 May 2023, attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.