CAREER OPPORTUNITY - ASSET MANAGEMENT DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines Plc has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders — an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company seeks the services of an Artisan Rigger x 5
The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting, replacing and installing new shaft steel infrastructure; guide rails, shaft steel sets (buntons, master sets and dividers) and pipes in the Shaft.
The responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining lifting gear as well as rigging equipment and accessories for Shaft works.
- Receiving daily schedules or verbal instructions from Shaft Supervisor as planned.
- Utilising material parts and labour available to ensure completion of work within acceptable standards and costs.
- Ensuring equipment and tools used at work site are left clean, tidy, and tools stored in their proper places.
- Ensuring safe dismounting and storage of lifting equipment after use.
- Ensuring total completion of documents related to job execution for onward transmission to Shaft Foreman and the planning office.
- Attaching loads to rigging gear to support or prepare them for moving, using hands and power tools.
- Attaching pulleys and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams, and pole beams using bolts and clamps.
- Giving appropriate rigging signals to crew members engaged in shaft repairs from the platform in order to ensure safety of others and materials.
- Selecting appropriate rigging gear such as pulleys, slings and winches according to the load, weights and sizes, facilities and work schedules.
- Drilling and pinning shaft steels from the platform provided.
- Working safely to reduce accidents and losses due to poor workmanship
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Craft Certificate in Mechanical Rigging.
- Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ).
- At least with minimum of two (02) years shaft experience
- A Technician’s Certificate in Mechanical Rigging will be an added advantage.
- Must be physically fit and with necessary dexterity to work with tools and various mechanical rigging gear.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company Policies and Corporate Objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a Copper and Cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of “meritocracy” — aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application in either soft or hard copy not later than 4 April 2023 with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal address below:
Human Resources Superintendent – Manpower
Mopani Copper Mines Plc
P O Box 40499
Full confidentiality guaranteed. Please note that only short listed applicants will be responded to.