CAREER OPPORTUNITY - MEDICAL DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Biomedical Scientist Senior x1
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring proper organisation, management and functioning of all Laboratory Sections and provide quick, reliable and timely results to Clinicians and other Health Care Providers to establish a diagnosis in order to promote good health care to Mopani employees and the community.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that Quality Management Systems (QMS) processes are established, promoted, implemented, and sustained.
- Reviewing the internal Quality Control Procedures by executing and directing evaluation and application of new procedures.
- Reviewing the work of subordinates and test results from all sections of the Laboratory to ensure effective and efficient laboratory services.
- Evaluating day to day workload and optimizing staffing for effective operation of the Laboratory Section.
- Reviewing all internal quality control documents and laboratory results by ensuring occurrences and corrective actions are documented.
- Promoting adherence to Laboratory Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Coordinating and controlling appropriate procurement, stock-levels, selection and utilization of laboratory materials/ consumables to optimize quality service continuity and cost-effectiveness in conjunction with Chief Biomedical Technologist.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Degree in Biomedical Sciences.
- Full Registration with Health Professions Council of Zambia and valid practicing licence.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Fill in the online application form not later than Sunday, 04 June 2023, attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.