CAREER OPPORTUNITY - ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its Focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Driver Mobile Crane x1
Operate mobile cranes between 30T and 200T for the purposes of transferring equipment materials and any other heavy objects from one place to another in a safe and efficient manner.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Calculates load capacity, determining weight of items to be moved in relation to the maximum. capacity of crane base on manufacturers specifications.
- Operate cranes in a safe and efficient manner while observing the safe working procedures Transporting Abnormal
- Daily inspection of mobile crane and reporting all defects to the Foreman-Rigging.
- Adhere to lifting & cranage procedures in accordance with MPL118 and Mining regulations.
- Transporting/loading abnormal loads (maximum of 4.5 meters’ width).
- Maintain and record necessary information in mobile crane log books.
- Ensure that necessary permits are obtained before commencement of work
- Ensure the crane is well taken care of and kept clean at all times.
- Inspects and assesses ground conditions to ensure that the crane can be set up safely
- Inspects cranes for defects and wear prior to operation.
- Comply with health, safety and environment standards/policies
- Adhering to all other assignments that are given that are lawful and fair.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Crane Operator certificate
- Good verbal and written communication skills to understand instructions, applicable safety regulations, and to maintain records.
- At least 2 years of experience in the Mining Industry
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Fill in the online application form not later than Wednesday, 31 May 2023, attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.