CAREER OPPORTUNITY - ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its Focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders-an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Driver Low Loader x1
To transport abnormal loads within and outside Mopani Mine Sites in a safe and efficient manner.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Transporting abnormal loads (maximum of 4.5 meters’ width).
- Must ensure loads are secure by utilizing chains and load binders Plans Organizes and supervises activities of Daily Inspection of the Low bed truck and reporting all defects to the Foreman.
- Maintain and record necessary information in the vehicle logbooks
- Loading equipment on and off of the low bed truck whilst following safe work procedures
- Ensure the low bed truck is well taken care of and kept clean.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Foreman.
- Adhering to all other assignments that are given that are lawful and fair.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Driving License Class CE
- Good verbal and written communication skills to understand instructions, applicable safety regulations, and to maintain records.
- At least 2 years of experience in the Mining Industry
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below, fill in the online application form not later than Wednesday, 24 May 2023, attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.