CAREER OPPORTUNITY - ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its Focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders-an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Artisan Tinsmith X 1
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out specialized sheet metal fabrication works, gas welding, brazing or soldering involving the repair, maintenance, construction and installation of plant, equipment and machinery components made of thin sheet metal of up to 2.0mm in thickness.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining and repairing of equipment delivered to the workshop.
- Fabricating new components or equipment from either a sample or approved construction drawings.
- Carrying out risk assessment of every task and work area before starting work.
- Utilizing material provided and the estimated time duration for work to be completed to acceptable standards within set cost estimates
- Inspecting equipment, machinery and tools everyday before use and any defect rectified or reported to the Foreman to ensure safe work.
- Ensuring each welding machine and Oxy-acetylene equipment is checked and logged in the job card before use.
- Completing all the relevant shift information on the job card as required.
- Maintaining good house keeping.
- Using appropriate job tag and placing it in an area for dispatch or further process
- Handing over the complete job card and drawings to the supervisor for every task or job completed.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Technician or Craft Level Certificate in Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Valid First Aid Certificate as a Statutory Requirement.
- Computer Literate
- Good Problem-solving skills
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” Button below, fill in the online application form not later than Sunday, 21 May 2023 , attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.