CAREER OPPORTUNITY - INTERNAL AUDIT DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its Focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders-an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Internal Auditor x1
The successful candidate will be responsible for the performing internal audits in accordance with the audit plan, ensuring that the company adheres to its internal operating policies and procedures, as well as all applicable external legal, regulatory, or contractual obligations.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Assist review and challenge the company’s policies to ensure that they are up-to-date and relevant.
- Continuously assess Information Technology, general controls, and procedures to provide ongoing assurance.
- Provide recommendations for remedial actions and procedures to reinforce existing controls, procedures, and policies.
- Perform internal audit procedures necessary to execute audit assignments in conformance with applicable auditing standards, Group and Mopani policies.
- Effectively document client/internal audit meetings and disseminate information as necessary.
- Ensure adequate documentation of all information in audit software in line with applicable accounting and internal audit standards.
- Carryout fieldwork as assigned.
- Regular follow up on open audit issues and ensure timely closure of the same.
- Participate in group audit assignment delivery as need arises/directed.
- Contribute to the implementation of new processes and systems to provide an independent assessment of project quality and establish a robust control framework from the outset. Participate in investigations as directed by the Lead Internal Auditor
- Review and record actions taken by Management to correct audit findings.
- Prepare ad submit monthly issue tracker to the lead internal auditor
- Participate in the assurance of adequacy of the embedded controls in new and/or reviewed policies, procedures, processes, and systems.
- Comply with the health, safety, and environment standards/policies.
- Adhering to all other assignments given that are lawful and fair.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in accountancy/Finance or Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA or CIMA or CA Zambia).
- Relevant professional membership CISA, ISACA, IA
- Three (03) post experience in Internal Audit.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” Button below. Fill in the online application form not later than Thursday, 25 May 2023 , attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.