CAREER OPPORTUNITY - MEDICAL DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its Focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Radiographer X 1
To provide timely and appropriate general and specialized radiological examinations and facilitate medical diagnosis thereby providing quality medical imaging services.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Receiving patients referred to the section by Medical Officers for various radiological investigations and decide on best radiographic technique.
- Carrying out radiographic examinations in emergency cases ensuring accurate results and enhance efficient diagnosis.
- Operating the X-ray machines which involves calculation of exposure factors suitable for each examination on the ward and on theatre cases.
- Carrying out radiographic examinations ensuring the patients receive the lowest possible radiation doses without compromising on image quality.
- Adhere to the international and local radiation protection protocols in order to protect both the patient and staff.
- Ensures all radiological equipment is regularly serviced, calibrated and maintain an inventory and logbooks for all equipment.
- Ensuring good record keeping.
- Maintain a clean environment and disinfect apparatus.
- Assist in maintaining stocks of contrast media and X-ray films.
- Ensure proper accountability of materials used for the smooth running of the section.
- Assist in planning departmental budgets.
- Adhering to Company Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
- Managing any other duties assigned by supervisors.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with 5 ‘O’ Levels
- Diploma in Radiography
- Diploma in Sonography is an added advantage
- 2 years’ experience in medical practice
- Computer literate
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication skills
- Planning and decision-making skills
- Innovative skill
- Research oriented
- Basic Sonography
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” Button below, fill in the online application form not later than Tuesday, 16 May 2023 , attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.