CAREER OPPORTUNITY - SMELTER DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its Focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Artisan Rigger/Ropeman x1
The successful candidate will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining, repairing lifting equipment and tackling conveyor components and accessories.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Maintaining lifting gear as well as rigging conveyor components and accessories.
- Receiving daily schedules or verbal instructions from shift supervisor as planned in the MMS offices.
- Utilising material parts and labour available to ensure work is completed to acceptable standards.
- Ensuring good housekeeping.
- Ensuring total completion of documents related to job execution to enable effective transfer of information from the job to the shift supervisor and the planning office.
- Driving the health, safety and environment standards/policy awareness and practice in the Department to ensure compliance.
- Selecting appropriate rigging gear such as pulleys, slings and winches according to the load, weights and sizes.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Craft Certificate in Rigging
- Registered with EIZ
- First Aid Certificate
- At least 2 years of work experience.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Fill in the online application form not later than Monday, 22 May 2023, attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.