Career Opportunity - Engineering Department
Mopani Copper Mines Plc has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders — an important sector of which is its employees. The Company seeks the services of a Draughtsman Civil Design x 1
The successful candidate will be responsible for producing under the Section Leader original design layouts and drawings Mechanical, Civil, Structural or Electrical.
The responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Producing engineering designs and drawings
- Performing calculations for materials and weight limitations.
- Ensuring final designs are compliant with building regulations.
- Preparing, reviewing and redrafting alongside the engineering team.
- Collecting relevant data and information from sites and other sources
- Preparing both rough sketches and detailed work with CADD systems.
- Following specifications and calculations to create various technical drawings.
- Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the Sectional Engineer.
- Communicating with Sectional Engineer and incorporating knowledge gained into drawings
- Carrying out regular visits to sites and resolve problems related to interpretation or modification of drawings.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Advanced Certificate in Mechanical/Civil/Electrical Engineering or the equivalent Diploma will be an added advantage
- Must be Proficient in AutoCAD and other CAD software Must be a member of EIZ
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company Policies and Corporate Objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a Copper and Cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of “meritocracy” — aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application in either soft or hard copy not later than 13 March 2023 with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal address below:
Human Resources Superintendent – Manpower
Mopani Copper Mines Plc
P O Box 40499
Full confidentiality guaranteed. Please note that only short listed applicants will be responded to.