Career Opportunity - Human Resources Department
Mopani Copper Mines Plc has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees. The Company seeks the services of Human Resource Clerks – Time and Attendance (x4).
The successful candidate will be responsible for the monitoring of employee, attendance, and shift scheduling and time/area access for employees working in designated areas. The candidate shall also be expected to prepare labour reports regarding time and attendance of employees.
The responsibilities of this role will include but are not limited to the following:
- Generating labour reports from the biometric clocking system and making them available for management use.
- Compile and draw relevant time and attendance reports; identify deviations and inform the respective supervisors
- Managing labour force by enforcement of time and attendance policies and procedures.
- Respond to supervisors’ requests for individual/gang timekeeping records and reports.
- Parading employees for various reasons as may be required from time to time.
- Checking that all biometric equipment is clean, in good working condition and report any faults on the said equipment in a timely manner.
- Receive work schedules and input the schedules in the biometric clocking system.
- Time management reporting – early shifts, late shifts, short shifts, time sheets and overtime reporting.
- Adhering to all other assignments given that are lawful and fair.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Certificate in Human Resource Management/Administration or equivalent.
- Diploma in Human Resources will be an advantage.
- 1 Year post-graduation experience
- A good understanding of the shift rules, Time and Attendance policies and procedures will be an added advantage.
- Should be computer literate with good working knowledge of excel, outlook and word applications.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of “meritocracy” – aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application in either soft or hard copy not later than 6 March 2023 with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal address below:
Human Resources Superintendent – Manpower
Mopani Copper Mines Plc
P O Box 22000
Full confidentiality guaranteed. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.