CAREER OPPORTUNITY - ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Sectional Engineer Instrumentation x1
To supervise and develop the Instrumentation Maintenance function to enable the department meet its production targets and ensure that equipment in the department is safely maintained at high standard and continually improved upon.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Provide a high standard of maintenance service and maximize plant and equipment availability to enable the section meet its targets within budgeted costs by utilizing the human and material resources effectively.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of subordinates engaged in maintenance, repair and installation work in order to ensure production of high quality work and completion of work according to set schedules
- Oversee the execution of short and long term engineering projects to ensure that they are completed on schedule and to acceptable standards.
- Effectively manage Quality Assurance procedures to plan and coordinate maintenance work and liaise with other sections and service departments for timely completion.
- Promote safety consciousness in the section and maintain a safe working environment by ensuring that maintenance standards conform to statutory and domestic safety and environmental regulations.
- Conduct sectional daily and weekly maintenance planning meetings for the section to ensure that laid down maintenance management procedures are complied with.
- Monitor the continues availability of vital spares and instruments in order to sustain plant availability instrumental to continued Smelter operations.
- Conduct statutory compliance tests on equipment/calibration of instruments, quarterly audits of Artisan tool kits and enforcement of domestic regulations to achieve high safety standards and discipline in the section.
- Maintain close liaison with other service sections in order to promote co-operation and sound working relationships
- Ensure proper on the job training and development of subordinates through necessary tuition, guidance and systematic exposure to all tasks and procedures required of them
- Make technical recommendations for decision making by Line Management
- Perform all other assignments/duties that are given that are lawful and fair
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Degree in Electronics Engineering; Instrumentation, Industrial Electronics Engineering or related disciplines
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Be computer literate
- Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
- Registered with the Engineers’ Registration Board (EngRB)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the mining industry
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Fill in the online application form not later than Monday, 29 May 2023, attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.