CAREER OPPORTUNITY - ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines PLC has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s Success has been as a result of its Focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationships enjoyed with stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company Seeks the Services of Senior Assistant Engineer Instrumentation x1
Assist the Sectional Engineer in the day-to-day running of the section ensuring that projects and jobs are done within budget.
The Responsibilities of this role will include but not limited to the following:
- Carrying out preventive engineering of research nature by analysing breakdowns and determining where the real efforts is needed, then through redesign substitutions, modifications and specification and any other means reducing the frequency and cost of repair.
- Background planning for new equipment in the plant involving specifications, procurement, installation, commissioning and formulation of maintenance procedures for the same.
- Ensure proper use of equipment, material and labour in accordance with the enforce the relevant mining regulations and safety rules.
- Ensure that all items are safely maintained and operated through proper engineering procedures
- Budget planning and control of all labour materials for all major rehabilitation and project work in the section.
- Provide technical assistance for all foremen on specific matters beyond their scope
- Evaluating all products and processes and ensuring standardization of quality assurance measures
- Prepare and review various maintenance performance reports such as Preliminary Failure and Root Cause Analysis reports.
- Perform to all other assignments that are given that are lawful and fair.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent.
- Degree in Instrumentation/ Industrial Electronics
- Any additional related qualifications will be an added advantage.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company policies and Corporate objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of.The Company operates an employment policy of meritocracy, aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified and experienced applicants should submit an application by clicking the “Apply Now” button below. Fill in the online application form not later than Monday, 29 May 2023, attach a detailed curriculum vitae which should be three pages or less and three contactable referees and copies of other credentials.