CAREER OPPORTUNITY IN MINING DEPARTMENT
Mopani Copper Mines Plc has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders – an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company seeks the services of Winding Engine Driver X 1
The successful candidate will be responsible for driving alternating and direct current winding engines for the purpose of hoisting men, rock and materials to and from underground to support mining operations.
The responsibilities of this role include but not limited to the following:
- Operate controls and drive alternating and direct current drum winders.
- Read through the logbook and sign before and after the shift in accordance with the Statutory and domestic Safety Regulations.
- Check and test equipment/safety devices within two (2) hours of taking charge of the shift.
- Receive and interpret bell signals from the Cage Tender, On-Setter, Shipman, Banksman and all maintenance personnel.
- Observe depth indicator, amp and voltmeters and rope speed indicators when the winder is in motion.
- Check constantly all control panel readings of the winder.
- Follow established Safety Procedures and Practices.
- Convey personnel, materials and rock to and from underground as stipulated in the Mining Regulations Ascertain condition of the plant and report faults for rectification.
- Move the winder in required direction when lowering down and raising up rock, materials, personnel and maintenance functionaries.
- Regulate the speed when approaching destination to avoid injury to personnel and safe guard company property.
To be considered for this position, the candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- Government Full Certificate of Competence in Wind Engine Driving.
- First Aid Certificate
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, passion for accuracy and perfection in delivery, developmental orientated and paying particular attention to Company Policies and Objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of “meritocracy” – aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified applicants should submit an application in either soft or hard copy not later than 10 April 2023 with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae, three contactable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal address below:
Human Resources Superintendent – Manpower Mopani Copper Mines Plc
P O Box 22000
Full confidentiality guaranteed. Please note that only short listed applicants will be responded to.