Mopani believes that the basis for a sound relationship with its host communities and other stakeholders is open and honest communication as well as effective management of complaints and grievances.
For this reason, Mopani has developed a complaints and grievances redress procedure (PRO-264) to guide the handling of complaints and grievances from the community arising from its operations and/or incidental to (including development and construction) are brought to its attention for appropriate remedial action.
It also provides a process that enables community stakeholders to present their complaints and/or grievances to the company on likely impacts associated with the company’s operations.
Why we have a complaints policy
Complaints and Grievances may be lodged:
- by recording it in the complaints registers that are placed at easily accessible venues within the community.
- by an e-mail or post to the Corporate Affairs Office on the addresses provided.
- In person to the Corporate Affairs Officer. Verbal complaints are recorded in writing with the aid of the Corporate Affairs officer.
- by phoning the Corporate Affairs Officer on the number provided.
When lodging a complaint, please provide the necessary detail concerning your complaint with particular attention to:
- Date of incident(s)
- Place of occurrence
- Nature of indent(s)
- Affected party or area(s)
- Contact Details together with a brief description of the complaint
Places Where Complaints Register Are Found
- Mayor’s Parlor—Civic Centre
- Kitwe Library
- Wusakile Hospital (COPD)
- Wusakile Hospital (Male OPD)
- Mindolo Clinic I
- Former RDC’s Office – Mindolo
- J Clinic Chamboli
- Kitwe District Administrations Office (BOMA)
- Kandabwe Police Post
- Mindolo Police Post (‘E’ Market)
- Parliamentary Office - Wusakile Constituency Office
- Parliamentary Office Kamfinsa Constituency Office
- Natwange Clinic
- D4 Clinic Wusakile
- Mapalo Primary School—Mugala
- Malcolm Watson Hospital Annex OPD
- Malcolm Watson Hospital General OPD
- Mufulira Library
- Butondo Clinic 7
- Kankoyo Clinic 5
- Kantanshi Clinic 2
- Kantanshi Clinic 6
- Eastlea Clinic 9
- Central Dressing Clinic Plant Area
Our Contact Address
- The Corporate Affairs Officer Mopani Copper Mines Plc Central Street, Nkana West P O Box 22000, Kitwe
- +260 961 247069
- The Corporate Affairs Officer Mopani Copper Mines Plc General Offices P O Box 40499, Mufulira
- +260 961 441269